Need Help With Out-Of-State Probate?

At Escobar & Associates Law Firm, Ltd., we know that dealing with probate can be extremely difficult, especially when you are dealing with the pain of losing a loved one. Attorney Christy Brad Escobar is here to provide you with compassionate assistance through every aspect of the probate process, including out-of-state and out-of-area probate.

Out-of-state or ancillary probate may be necessary when a person who lives in another state dies and is the owner of real property located in Nevada because real property is always governed by the law of the state in which it is located.

Ancillary probate can create a headache for executors and family members because it can draw out and further complicate an already long and complicated probate process. For that reason, it's extremely important to work with an experienced estate planning lawyer located in the same state as the real property.

For more information on how our firm can help with the out-of-state or out-of-area probate process after losing a loved one who owned property in Nevada, please contact us online or call our Las Vegas office at 702-430-7401 or toll free at 888-339-6061.

Attorney Escobar has been assisting clients just like you through the Nevada probate process for more than 30 years, and he can help to greatly reduce the stress and frustration that often come along with ancillary probate.

How The Ancillary Probate Process Works

The probate will begin in the deceased person's state of residence. All of the person's non-real estate property and real property in the state of residence is subject to this process. The ancillary probate may then begin in Nevada if that is where the out-of-state real estate property is located.

Generally speaking, the Nevada Probate Court will accept the will that has been validated by the court in the other state — called a "foreign will" — without further proof. However, there may be rare instances in which probate does not take place in the other state and is only necessary in Nevada.

For example, if an elderly Nevada resident moves to another state to be cared for by a relative and executes a will there but only owns real property in Nevada, only a Nevada probate may be necessary. However, this can get complicated because each state has its own laws defining what constitutes a valid will.

Live Outside Of Nevada Or Clark County? We Can Still Help You.

Whether you need help with an out-of-state probate or you reside in another Nevada county, we can provide you with the assistance you need to get through the probate process. Call our office today at 702-430-7401 or toll free at 888-339-6061 or contact us online to set up a consultation. You will appreciate the personal attention our small firm provides.